1.Article 56, paragraph (1) is modified and will have the following content:
(1) Legal entities subject to the obligation to register in the trade register submit at registration and whenever a change occurs a declaration regarding the real beneficiary of the legal person, in order to register in the Register of real beneficiaries of companies.”
- At article 56, after paragraph (1) two new paragraphs, paragraphs 11 and 12, are inserted, with the following contain:
“(11) The exemption from the obligation to submit the declaration is provided at paragraph (1), as follows:
- a) autonomous administrations, companies and national companies and companies wholly or majority owned by the state
- b) legal entities consisting only of associate natural persons, when they are the only real beneficiaries.
(12) In the case of persons exempted according to paragraph (11) letter b), in the absence of submiting the declaration on the real beneficiary, the National Office of the Trade Register is obliged to complete ex officio the Register of beneficial owners of companies based on documents accompanying the registration application or evidence held in the case of already registered companies. “
- Article 56, paragraph (4) is modified and will have the following content:
“(4) If there is a change in the identification data of the real beneficiary, the declaration shall be submitted within 15 days from the date on which it occurred.”
- Article 62, paragraph (1) is modified and will have the following content:
(1) Within 12 months from the entry into force of this law, the companies registered until the date of entry into force of this law in the trade register, except for those provided in art. 56 paragraph (11), submit, through the care of the legal representative, for registration in the Register of real beneficiaries of companies, kept by the National Office of the Trade Register, a declaration regarding the identification data of the real beneficiaries”
This law was adopted by the Romanian Parliament, in compliance with the provisions of art. 75 and of art. 76 paragraph (2) of the Romanian Constitution, republished.