Based on the Ordinance 773/2015, the Ministry of Finance intended to regulate the procedure of filing quarterly accounting reports as at June 30th 2015;
Procedure of filing semi-annual accounting reports.
- Semi-annual reports as at June 30th 2015 shall be filed by business operators the latest on August 17th 2015.
- Quarterly reports shall be filed both by business operators who keep their books according to the Ordinance of the Finance Ministry 1802/2014 regarding the accounting regulations that have been harmonized with European Directives and by business operators who keep the books according to the Ordinance of the Finance Ministry 1286/2014 for companies that are quoted on the stock exchange, if such business operators reach a turnover that is higher than RON 220,000.
- In the same vein, business operators relying on a business year that is not equivalent to the calendar year are bound to file financial reports as at June 30th 2015.
- Similar to procedures from previous years, semi-annual accounting reports can be filed electronically by using the portal www.e-guvernare.ro or they can be filed in the usual paper format and signed directly at the registry offices of the tax authorities or they can be sent by post as consignment of valuables. In such latter case, it is of course compulsory that, apart from the paper forms, semi-annual reports should be saved and handed over on an electronic format.
- The following categories of entities shall not file semi-annual reports as at June 30th:
- Entities that have not been active since their incorporation up to and including June 30th 2015;
- Entities who, during the entire 1st semester of 2015 have been temporarily inactive;
- Entities that have been incorporated during the year 2015;
- Entities or any other juristic persons who are under liquidation.
- Semi-annual reports are to be signed by the general manager of the company and by the person who is responsible for the management of the company’s books. The latter can be a graduate economist who is hired by an employment contract or a natural or juristic person who is a CECCAR member and keeps the books independently.