(1) Free days are granted to one of the parents for the supervision of the children, in the situation of temporary closure of the educational establishments where they are enrolled, as a result of adverse weather conditions or other extreme situations so decreed by the competent authorities with responsibilities in the field.
(2)The provisions of paragraph (1) apply to parents who cumulatively fulfill the following conditions:
a) they have children up to 12 years old, enrolled in a school or children with disabilities up to 18 years old, enrolled in a school
b) their workplace does not allow work from home or online working
(3) It is assimilated to the parent, within the meaning of the provisions of paragraphs (1) and (2), the single person from the single-parent family, as defined by Law no. 277/2010 regarding the family support allowance, republished, with the subsequent amendments and completions, respectively the legal representative of the child, as well as the person designated, according to the law, to exercise the rights and fulfill the parental obligations towards the child.
(4) The persons mentioned at par. (2) have the right to paid free days, for as long as the competent authorities decide to close the respective educational units.
(1) The free days are granted at the request of one of the parents, submitted to the employer of the person who will supervise the child during the period provided for to, par. (4)
(2) The request provided at par. (1) shall be accompanied by a statement on the responsibility of the other parent, stating that he did not request at his place of work free days that would suit him according to the present law.
(3) The provisions of paragraph (2) do not apply to a single person in the single-parent family
(4) The provisions of paragraph (1) applies to employees from the units of the national energy system, from the operating units from the nuclear sectors, from the units with continuous fire, from the sanitary and social assistance units, from telecommunications, public radio and television, from the railways, from the units that provide the public transport and the sanitation of the localities, as well as the supply of the population with gas, electricity, heat and water, only with the agreement of the employer.
(1) The compensation for each free day is paid from the chapter on personnel expenses from the employer’s income and expenses budget and is 75% of the salary corresponding to a working day, but no more than the daily correspondent of 75% of the earnings gross environment used to substantiate the state social insurance budget
(2) By way of derogation from the provisions of Law No. 200/2006 regarding the establishment and use of the Guarantee Fund for the payment of salary claims, with subsequent amendments, the amounts for the payment of the allowance provided for in paragraph (1) are settled from this fund only for the period provided for in art. 1 paragraph (4).
(3) Until the end of the fiscal year, the amounts settled according to par. (2) shall be returned to the Guarantee Fund from the state budget, according to a procedure established by Government Decision.
The number of free days granted according to the present law is established by the Government, by decision, for each situation provided for at art. 1 paragraph (1).
The provisions of this law apply to all public and private employees.
Within 30 days from the entry into force of this law, the Government decision provided for at art. 3 paragraph (3).
This law was adopted by the Romanian Parliament, in compliance with the provisions of art. 75 and of art. 76 paragraph (2) of the Constitution of Romania, republished.